With its entry-level price and match-grade performance, the Ruger Precision Rifle looks to “distance” itself from the typical long-range rifle.
- Medium contour (.75” at the muzzle) barrel features 5/8”-24 threads. Thread protector installed.
- Barrels can be easily replaced by a competent gunsmith using AR-style wrenches and headspace gauges.
- Highly accurate Ruger cold hammer-forged 4140 chrome-moly steel barrel with 5R Rifling at minimum bore and groove dimensions, minimum headspace and centralized chamber.
- Equipped with a Samson Evolution Keymod Handguard. May be configured with any AR-style handguard.
- Magazine well front is contoured for a positive grip for bracing against shooting supports.
- 20 MOA Picatinny rail secured with four, #8-40 screws for increased long-range elevation capabilities.
- ‘Lower’ magazine well halves are precision machined from aerospace-grade 7075-T6 aluminum forging and are Type III hard coat anodized for maximum durability.
- ‘Upper’ receiver and one-piece bolt are precision CNC-machined from pre-hardened 4140 chrome-moly steel to minimize distortion.
- Multi-Magazine Interface functions interchangeably with M110, SR-25, DPMS and Magpul®-style magazines and AICS magazines (works with some M14 magazines); two 10-round Magpul® PMAG® magazines included.
- Three-lug bolt with 70° throw features dual cocking cams and a smooth-running, full diameter bolt body.
- Ruger Marksman Adjustable™ trigger is externally adjustable with a pull weight range of 2.25 to 5.0 lbs.; wrench is stored in the bolt shroud.
- Oversized bolt handle for positive bolt manipulation, with 5/16”-24 thread for easy replacement. Bolt disassembly tool is stored in the bolt shroud for easy striker channel cleaning.
- Inline recoil path manages recoil directly from the rear of the receiver to the buttstock, not through a traditional bedding system, providing maximum accuracy potential.
- Extended trigger-reach AR-style grip and 45° reversible safety selector. May be configured with any AR-style grip and selector.
- Ruger® Precision MSR stock with QD sling attachment points features a bottom Picatinny rail and soft rubber buttpad. The left-folding stock hinge is attached to an AR-style buffer tube and accepts any AR-style stock.
We haven’t posted our full review for the RPR yet, but readers can submit their own reviews below.
If you think you’ve got what it takes to be a staff reviewer for RGR, please contact us!
Ruger's decision to offer a precision rifle with a street price of UNDER $1,000 that can shoot OVER 1,000 yards seems to be paying off.
Available in .308 Win, 6.5 Creedmor, and .243 Win.
Our readers tell us this product can be used with the following:
Features APO (apochromatic) objective lens system uses index-matched lenses to correct color across the entire ...
Features HD Premium APO: Premium HD (High Density) extra-low dispersion glass delivers the ultimate in resolution ...